Our congratulations to President-elect Obama, who, in the tough race of presidential politics, demonstrated that he, too, is a man of fortitude. This is a virtue our country needs now, and will continue to need in the coming days. For a variety of reasons which are not the focus of this present writing, this is the second time in the last two years that politicians on the right side of the aisle have been shown the door in disproportionate numbers throughout all levels of government. For a nation that was traditionally described as “center-right,” this is not a small or insignificant shift. America as we know it, whether we like it or not, has changed.
OUR PRIMARY RESPONSE
“First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.” I-Timothy 2:1-6.
WHAT IS THE SPIRIT SAYING TO THE CHURCHES?
1. NO KING BUT JESUS. The season of looking to a man (or a woman) to be our beacon of hope and stronghold of confidence has long passed. Ever since we left the garden and lost the intimate nearness of God’s presence, the human spirit has repeatedly and desperately looked to earthly leaders to fill the void. The fact is that no matter how great, wise or even godly a leader may be, they are but a faint reflection of our God and King who will soon assume His rightful position when every knee bows before Him. And as we draw nearer to the closing of this age, entering deeper into the final judgments that, according to scripture, precede His appearing, God’s people will learn to turn their gaze from earthly leaders and focus intently on our coming King.
2. FIRST THINGS FIRST. Of importance today is the recognition that Paul’s apostolic exhortation to Timothy (quoted above) who was at the time building up the young church in Ephesus, elevated the prayers, intercession and THANKSGIVING (emphasis ours) on behalf of our leaders to a place of primary importance in the church. Paul referred to this instruction for prayer as a “First of all…” practice! Instructing Timothy in the profound task of building up the Body of Christ in Ephesus, Paul left no doubt that the ministry of prayer for our leaders is, and forever shall be, “First of all…!” It was only after this first command that Paul goes on to address matters of unity, order, modesty and leadership. Much of the American church, sadly, has been slack in faithfully obeying this command, practicing it rather in a random and optional ‘crisis management / last resort’ approach. In times past we should have obeyed this commandment; today, it is imperative that we do!
Secondly, the apostle is very clear as to the reasons for and the desired outcomes of these prayers and petitions. The church is called to maintain a strong intercessory position (while keeping the right ‘attitude of gratitude’ about it) so that our civic and national framework will provide a friendly platform to advance the gospel message, thereby leading many to the knowledge of the truth, to the One true God, and to Jesus Christ our Savior. According to scripture, we pray for our leaders“…in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity… in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” I-Timothy 2:2-4.
3. CHAINS ARE BREAKING all over the land, and will continue to fall off many people of color and minorities who have been kept down and oppressed by generational wounds, cultural barriers and personal choices. Having a partially black man with strong family ties to Islamic countries elected to the highest office of American government is a tremendous boost to millions of American minorities who have felt disenfranchised and underprivileged for generations. We pray that, given this opportunity, many will make the full journey into health, pressing in all the way to true liberty in Christ. It is our hope that there will be a harvest of those who will rise in the Faith to fulfill their calling and destiny, making tremendous contributions to the advancement of the Lord’s Kingdom on earth, Who “…wast slain, and didst purchase for God with Thy blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.” Revelation 5:9.
4. YA’EL FINISHES WHAT DEBORAH BEGAN. In viewing the recent Republican presidential ticket through prophetic eyes, many likened Sarah Palin to the biblical Judge Deborah (Judges 4&5). While this brave female judge joined general Barak and led Israel’s army to victory nearly 3,500 years ago, it was nevertheless Ya’el, an unknown woman in her traditional role at home, who delivered the deadly blow that destroyed the enemy’s chief, Sisera. What Sarah Palin personified and modeled to the entire nation as a godly, humble yet formidable woman serving in a high position, continues to encourage and inspire many women of faith and valor. As the enemy enters their domains, they too, as Ya’el of old, will not only deny him genuine sanctuary, but will act with courage and strength, discerning the opportunities God provides them, and slay their foes.
“Most blessed of women is Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite; most blessed is she of women in the tent. He (Sisera) asked for water and she gave him milk; in a magnificent bowl she brought him curds. She reached out her hand for the tent peg, and her right hand for the workmen's hammer. Then she struck Sisera, she smashed his head; and she shattered and pierced his temple. Between her feet he bowed, he fell, he lay… where he bowed, there he fell dead.” Judges 5: 24-27.
5. A GOD OF JUSTICE, He is settling a score that goes beyond what meets the eye. In a recent dream we saw a court in session and a verdict that was passed in favor of a woman regarding an old offense that anyone alive hardly remembered or had ever experienced. Restitution and back payment were granted her for an old transgression, and we believe the Spirit showed us that it had to do with the unjust treatment of the African slaves in America. Women were raped, men emasculated, and families broken apart, resulting in devastating generational wounds that have afflicted millions of souls down to our present day. Trust God that He knows what He is doing as Abraham of old who said, “Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” Genesis 18:25.
6. THE POWER OF HOPE. As human experience has demonstrated time and again throughout the history of our race, whoever offers the greatest HOPE gains the greatest AUTHORITY! The lost masses are as sheep without a shepherd wandering aimlessly through life, always longing for a guiding and comforting hand, whether they acknowledge it or not. As the scripture says, “A sated man loathes honey, but to a famished man any bitter thing is sweet.” Proverbs 27:7. We saw the power of HOPE during these last elections moving multitudes. It’s high time for the true church of the Lord Jesus to cast off and repent of all traces of shame in the Gospel of our Lord, renew our strength as a warrior who rises from his slumber, and proclaim with confidence the most powerful message of HOPE and HEALING the world has ever been offered. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16. We must bring Christ forth in all arenas of life, family and work.
7. YOUTH AT THE FOREFRONT. While the young people of our nation voted in mass for the new President elect, simultaneously, tens of thousands of God fearing children, youth and young adults were filling up stadiums and prayer rooms with deep travail, intercession and fasting for the same nation. Many of us joined them. As we now move forward, the children, youth and young adults will be a part of all the significant confrontations of this ideological divide. Moreover, the churches that will prosper and prevail in the coming days will be those who connect with these age groups, discern the Body of Christ in truth, and recognize their legitimate need for a passionate, life changing and challenging call. The children and the youth, in a very real way, are the best indicators of whether a church or a movement is relevant to its generation! “From the mouth of infants and nursing babes Thou hast established strength, because of Thine adversaries, to make the enemy and the revengeful cease.” Psalm 8:2.
Describing God’s people during the seasons of His activity, the Spirit indicates that “Thy people will volunteer freely in the day of Thy power; in holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Thy youth are to Thee as the dew.” Psalm 110:3. These young ones are clothed in holiness and are fresh as the morning dew. We have seen many youths volunteer freely and serve wholeheartedly while interacting with power. Some respond to the power of God, others to the powers of this age. The fields are ripe and ready for harvest; who will harvest the youth? Please love your own young ones, relate to them in a way they can understand, and contend in prayer for the youth of American. They will respond to power, passion and purpose, and whoever offers a more convincing case will earn their hearts. Seeing many examples of this truth, we want to commend the godly youth of our churches, saying, “Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.” I-Timothy 4:12.
ONE NEW MAN CALL is a faith ministry supported by friends of the Ephesians 2:14-15 vision of Jew and Gentile dwelling as one in God’s Olive Tree. To learn more, to support this ministry, or to provide direct financial support to Messianic Believers in the land of Israel, contact us at the address below. Thank you.
In His grace.
REUVEN AND MARY LOU DORON
(C) 2008 One New Man Call
One New Man Call
P O Box 164
Hayfield, MN 55940 USA
Ministry Contact: OneNewManMail@aol.com
Forward, Reprint & Use Agreement: You are welcome to forward, reprint and use these messages, provided that you cite original source and contact information.
Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. www.Lockman.org