Dear praying friends,
Thank you for your concern and prayers in light of the hostilities in southern Israel. For those who have inquired, we are glad to report that our loved ones who are serving in the Israeli armed forces are well, though some are in harm’s way. We do have family members whose homes are in range of Hamas rockets and whose children are spending the nights in bomb shelters. Thank you for your prayers for them, for all who are in danger and are suffering, for the Messianic Israeli soldiers involved in the fight and for the small “endangered” Christian community in Gaza.
Many reliable and detailed intercessory reports and prayer letters are coming out of Israel daily and there is no need to add to them. We will simply state the facts and comment on them in order that the intercessors can understand the “big picture” and stand firm in God’s purpose during this present turmoil. Why? Because “Our God is the God of salvation; and to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death.” Psalm 68:20.
FACTS & FIGURES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER:
1. God has no pleasure in death or human suffering and we grieve with His Spirit. War is never pretty, though it is sometimes unavoidable and even necessary as history proves.
2. Rockets and missiles have been launched unprovoked into southern Israeli communities from Gaza for the last eight years (!) keeping thousands of children sleeping in bomb shelters nightly and often missing school, while the local economy suffers.
3. Nearly 10,000 (!) Hamas rockets and mortars were launched since Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2006, keeping half a million Israelis in range of deadly missiles exploding among them on a daily basis.
4. On December 19, 2008 Hamas refused to extend the tottering six month cease-fire agreement and began to target Israeli villages, towns and cities. On Christmas day alone, eighty (80!) mortars and missiles were fired from Hamas territory into Israel.
5. Before launching the present anti-terrorist offensive, Israeli officials dropped leaflets and made nearly 100,000 phone calls to Gaza residents warning them to move away from the battle zones in order to minimize civilian casualties.
6. Hamas, on the other hand, deliberately and strategically seeks to increase Palestinian civilian casualties by storing weapons in homes and public buildings and by conducting terror operations from densely populated neighborhoods in order to win the public relations war. Life is cheap according to Islam, and Gaza sources confirm that Palestinian civilians are held at gun point by Hamas militants and herded to the front lines of the fighting in order to either prevent Israeli action or “gain” more graphic footage of civilian casualties. Either way, it’s a win/win situation for Hamas.
7. Homeland security warnings have been issued in the USA after Arab language researchers have intercepted terrorist communications indicating the intent to target Jewish organizations, synagogues and facilities throughout the world. The terrorists’ target list include “all that belongs to the Jews worldwide,” stating that surprises are in store for the Jews and that what “Hitler did to you is nothing compared to what these surprises will be.”
Recent lone-wolf attacks in Denmark and France are apparently the model for this new wave of anti-Jewish terror worldwide, and US security experts indicate that the potential of terror attacks ranges from small firearms to Improvised Explosive Devices (IED). Suicide bombers have also been called for. Logic indicates that such anti-Jewish wave of terror could spill over to any other pro-Israel groups, including Christian Churches, organizations and individuals supporting Israel. How many of Israel’s friends will still stand with her when the cost rises?
8. Israeli military action will cease the moment Hamas stops firing and the international community assumes serious responsibility monitoring their activities.
9. While the conflict goes on, the Palestinian population of Gaza continues to receive its electricity, water and basic food and medical supplies from and through Israel, as it has had for years. There is NO humanitarian crisis in Gaza today as dozens of truckloads of supplies are rolling in daily through the Israeli checkpoints. The (little reported) scandal is that Hamas fighters steal and confiscate many of these supplies to further their terror activities, and sell the leftovers to Gaza’s residents who should receive this aid freely.
The reader should appreciate the insane nature of Hamas, keeping the Gaza Arabs deprived, grossly unemployed and destitute, parading them as one the world’s most dysfunctional people groups relying entirely on international aid for their livelihood and on supply lines from the very nation they seek to destroy. Go figure the Islamic logic.
10. As we write this report, Hamas Internal Security Apparatus (ISA) is conducting executions and maiming of dozens of Palestinians suspected of aiding Israel and supporting the moderate Palestinian Authority of Mahmoud Abbas. Many are shot in the legs while others have their hands broken to discourage “treason.”
11. Meanwhile, Israeli forces have destroyed a large amount of Hamas infrastructure, weaponry and capabilities while sustaining only minimal casualties. Ground forces have the main Gaza cities locked down and surrounded in an effort to stop the rocket attacks, reducing them to “only” 35 per day earlier this week.
12. International efforts for a cease fire continue toward a draft proposal that both sides can agree upon. Regrettably though, given the past historical record of previous cease fire agreements with Islamic elements whose agenda is the annihilation of Israel, a cease fire agreement will not last long.
13. This clash is but another chapter of the long saga of conflict between the forces of darkness and God’s word and purpose. As in the progression of natural child birth, while rest and respite come between the contractions, these contractions will only increase in intensity and proximity in preparation for the birthing of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. There is more trouble on the horizon.
The conflict with Hamas in Gaza is likely, sooner or later, to “spill over” to the northern front with Hezbollah, getting worse before it gets better. The intercessors, therefore, must arm themselves with patience and stamina for the long haul. What we see unfolding in the Middle East these days is the prelude to the final biblical battles, leading the world toward the final act of human history and the return of the Son of God, Yeshua, as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Scripturally, the birth pains preceding the coming of the Lord all speak of God’s intense judgments over the nations of the earth which include an avalanche of natural disasters, a number of devastating wars focused on Israel and Jerusalem, international totalitarianism in the spirit of imperial Rome, and a global harvest of the souls of the redeemed drawn out from the growing darkness. For all practical purposes, adding together Islam’s increasing belligerence, Russia’s muscle flexing, America’s gradual decline and the rise of anti-Israeli sentiment around the world, the hour may be much later than many would consider.
GAZA – TRIGGER FOR WHAT?
The million dollar question is who is using Hamas to pull Israel into this conflict which the terror organization knows it can’t win? Who is standing to gain from such a blood bath that can easily spill northward toward Lebanon and Syria and develop into a regional war? Only Iran fits the bill! The main backer, supplier and trainer of Hamas forces in Gaza and Hezbollah forces in Lebanon, Iran would like to lure Israel into a costly regional conflict involving Hamas, Hezbollah and possibly Syria in order to escape the inevitable Israeli air strikes on their nuclear facilities. Should the Lord permit this escalation of hostilities, the world will soon be rocked by the first prophesied Israeli-Muslim war.
Viewing the current hostilities through the prism of prophetic scriptures, the next Middle Eastern war is already on the horizon. This will be the war that will bring down Islam’s madness and pride, setting free millions of souls from its hideous bondage. According to scripture, the nations surrounding Israel will be dramatically defeated and disastrously impacted never to recover following an all out Israeli effort to survive. A regional distress of this magnitude, threatening the majority of the world’s present oil supplies, will create a global trauma of such enormity that will cause an international response along the lines of the Ezekiel 38-39 Russian-led coalition invasion of Israel.
According to God’s word, however, this global campaign to annihilate Israel will end dramatically with overwhelming divine judgments devastating the invading armies as the Lord magnifies His name in all the earth while pouring out His Spirit upon the embattled Jewish nation. Israel will be awakened, yet through much suffering. The end will then be near as the Jewish people struggle to comprehend and enter into their calling while undergoing great trials; the world will continue to slip into gross darkness under global deception; and the final war of Zechariah 12 will lay the ground for the return of our Lord Yeshua in person to establish His Kingdom on earth. Are you ready for the possibility that the world as we know it to be is likely to drastically change in our lifetime? Are your priorities, decisions and treasures invested in the right kingdom?
NATURAL & SPIRITUAL THIRST
Water shortage in Israel is at its most severe level in recorded history, and the Lake of Galilee, Israel’s national water reservoir, is at an all time low level at 214.06 meters below sea level. The lake’s water level has been dropping by an average of one meter per year since 2004, and the water level is so low today that the Jordan River is actually disconnected from the lake itself, and baptism at the traditional site is possible only by artificial pumping.
Not only has rainfall been insufficient in recent years, resulting in this all time low level of the Lake of Galilee, but the coastal aquifer as well as many of the main wells have been at maximum levels of pumping for too long and are at risk of contamination by sea water. Apart from grace from heaven, the only solution to Israel’s increasing water crisis are the desalination efforts that, to date, supply only a small portion of the national water demand.
We have seen the Lord’s hand move with power and speed in past years when the intercessors took a solid faith-filled stand for rain in Israel. Will you stand with us again, praying according to His word of promise, saying “but the land which you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven, a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year.” Deuteronomy 11:11-12.
THE HARVEST OF MUSLIMS
As we move forward into the end-time judgments of the Lord, the intercessors must learn to think and pray according to the mind of the Lord and not according to our natural instincts and logic. Consequently, the ultimate issue in these progressive Middle Eastern wars will not only be Israel’s survival as the scripture confirms many times, but how these wars will impact the millions of souls trapped by the demonic principality of Islam.
Historically, the “god” of Islam has maintained its control through military dominance, intimidation and violence, having killed more than 100,000,000 “infidels” so far. This is the reason why the very existence of a sovereign Jewish nation in the heart of the Arab world is a disgrace and an affront to the Muslim faith. Defeated by the judgments of the God of Israel in the coming wars, Islam’s insane and self-destructive tyranny will diminish, setting hundreds of millions free to consider the Gospel of our Lord.
2009 has the potential to unfold from bad to worse (naturally speaking) unless the Lord’s mercies will hold back the inevitable judgments. Much is depending upon the intercession of the saints.
· Pray for the believers who are engaged in combat these days.
· Pray for the Gospel message to be heard with faith among the Jewish people in Israel and throughout the world.
· Pray for the millions of souls who are under Islam’s bondage.
· Pray for America whose economy and standing in the world are greatly shaken, and who is more vulnerable to terror attacks now than before.
· And pray for your soul and your household as we all must set our eyes upon eternal things, preparing our hearts for the Lord of the whole earth who is drawing nearer with each passing day.
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
At the very end of this age, after God’s terrible judgments have cleansed the earth from her filth, John wrote, “And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude and as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, ‘Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.’ And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.” Rev 19:6-8.
The Bride of Christ emerges among those coming triumphantly from God’s judgments. She is clothed in white garments in preparation for her Heavenly Bridegroom; garments which are made of righteous acts. What are these garments? Righteous acts are those acts we do, or don’t do, because of our faith.
As Hebrews 11 shows, these righteous acts include offering excellent sacrifices (vs. 4), building an ark on dry ground (vs. 7), relocation & dwelling in temporary housing for years (vs. 8-9), conceiving a baby in old age (vs. 11), dying well (vs. 13), blessing others (vs. 20-21), giving vision and instruction (vs. 22), disobeying unrighteous authority (vs. 23), choosing humility and suffering (vs. 24-25), keeping God’s commands (vs. 28), passing safely through catastrophic calamities (vs. 29), identifying with and aiding Israel (vs. 31), performing great exploits (vs. 33-35), enduring torture, injustice and abuse (vs. 35-38) and obtaining a good testimony (vs. 39). According to scripture, all these are acts of faith that form the Bridal garments. Where is your faith today?
ACTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
In the coming days, as the shaking increases all around us and touches all things, the only “currency” that will remain stable and even increase in value will be the “righteous acts of the saints.” More than a perfect theology, an impressive office or flawless testimony, the real end-time assets will be your actions, your faith-filled deeds, the work of your life as you touch, serve, display and extend the love of Christ to others. Many times in the scriptures the Lord assures and exhorts us that we will be evaluated and rewarded by the quality of our deeds; the rudiment virtues budding out of our very lives, reminding us that “faith without works is dead!” James 2:20.
Neither theological apologetics nor academic knowledge or external appearance will do us any good on judgment day. As it is written, “For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.” I-Cor 3:11-15.
As a practical expression of your faith, while watching and praying with God over Israel’s struggles, will you consider supporting Messianic Believers in Israel through our ISRAEL FUND? With your support, we targets those persecuted for the Faith, people of excellence, and those with hearts to do great things with God as He establishes His testimony in Israel during these turbulent times.
We also want to thank you for standing with us in this ministry through your prayers and giving. ONE NEW MAN CALL ministry is supported by friends of the Ephesians 2:14-15 vision, calling Jew and Gentile to dwell as one in God’s Olive Tree. To learn more, to support this work, or to provide direct financial support to Messianic Believers in Israel, contact us at the address below. Thank you.
In His grace,
REUVEN AND MARY LOU DORON
(C) 2009 One New Man Call
One New Man Call
P O Box 164
Hayfield, MN 55940 USA
Ministry Contact: OneNewManMail@aol.com
Forward, Reprint & Use Agreement: You are welcome to forward, reprint and use these messages, provided that you cite original source and contact information.
Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, taken from the New King James Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. www.Lockman.org