Some Ways to Pray Succat Hallel¯s Israeli Youth/Young Adult Conference
¯Elav 2011¯ in Tel Aviv
August 14-16, 2011
1. Stand against anything that could hinder, interrupt, or interfere with the conference: Pray that no war or terrorist attacks will come to Israel in these next two weeks or during the conference.
2. Pray for a quick release of finances for the conference. Last year about 500 Jewish messianic and about 100 Arab youth/young adults attended our conference. Most cannot afford it, so we have to seek sponsors. We have sent out notice that people can sponsor one Israeli youth/young adult to attend with a donation of $200. Pray for a quick, huge response to this, and that we will receive in the next two weeks before the conference the approximately $30,000 that is still needed. (http://www.elav2011.co.il/donate)
3. Pray for fresh oil for each of the speakers and worship leaders. Pray that nothing will be able to hinder them from being prepared spiritually, and that they will be rested and immediately in the flow of what the Holy Spirit is doing. Pray that we will have each speaker and worship leader at the right moment in the schedule. The speakers are: Wes Hall (a major leader in the Student Ourpouring that took place at IHOP Kansas City), Itzak Mor-Haim (leading Israeli youth pastor), Rania Sayegh (Arab woman leading a house of prayer in Nazareth), Jon Mark Davis and Adam Rosenfeld (leaders in Succat Hallel), Steven Khoury (Arab pastor from Bethlehem and Jerusalem), Lisa Miara (Jewish believer from Jerusalem with a testimony of forgiveness being a key to her healing from paralysis healed from paralysis, Shmuel Salway (leading Israeli youth pastor), and Rick Ridings (director, Succat Hallel). Eddie James (worship leader for The Call, One Thing, ec.) will be our guest worship leader. Pray for great anointing on Eddie, and also on the Israeli and Arab worship leaders/bands. And pray for the right translator for each speaker.
4. Pray protection over all the administration and equipment. Please pray protection over those carrying the heaviest load of the administration (especially the main administrator, Scott Phillips). Pray that the sound, lights, and projection, and video equipment will all work as they should.
5. Pray for a real flow of love and relationship-building between the Jewish, Arab and international youth/young adults attending. A large part (300) of the Jewish and Arab youth will be staying together at a campground . Pray against disciplinary problems, and for the right oversight. Pray the Jewish and Arab youth will reach out to each other, and form friendships.
6. Pray for a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit that would produce life-long change in the lives of all attending, and all watching on GOD TV(Elav will be broadcast live in the evenings, and day sessions recorded for possible later broadcasts). Pray for amazing times of worship, with all those attending entering in fully.
7. Pray we will have exactly the right people on the ministry teams, and for great anointing on them as they minister.
8. Pray that exactly those of God's own choosing will attend...that no one will be there who would distract others... and that everyone who is called to be there will attend. Pray that we would have at least 1,000 Israeli youth/young adults attend.
9. Pray that the conference and Succat Hallel will remain hidden from those who should not know about it, who might try to harass those attending if they know about it.
10. Please pray protection, anointing, wisdom, and strength for Patti and me as spiritual ¯mother and father¯ for this. Pray as well for our grandchildren to be well and happy in the child care as Bethany and Adam will be very involved with us in the conference. Pray the same for the children of one of our leaders, Jon Mark and Sandra Davis.
11. Pray against harassment, confusion, and any kind of relational problems amongst any of the leaders, administrators, or volunteer helpers. Pray for a great unity and love flowing between all of us.
12. Pray that all will go smoothly back in our main Succat Hallel worship room before, during, and after the conference. Pray protection for the whole Succat Hallel community, and no backlash from the enemy.
13. Because of Israeli law, all Israeli youth 18 and under who desire to attend are required to have both parents sign a permission form stating they are aware this is a messianic/Christian conference and it is OK for their child to attend. Pray for all wanting to attend that their parents will agree to sign the form. Pray for favor with Israeli authorities for those coming from Palestinian areas for whom we need permission (for those coming from Bethlehem, Ramallah, etc.)
14. Please pray as well for protection and anointing as we take a group of Israeli young adults to pray on the streets of Tel Aviv in the days just before the Elav conference.
For further information on the conference: http://www.elav2011.co.il/
In view of the level of spiritual warfare faced in planning such a conference here, may we encourage you to consider setting aside a time to fast and pray for it. Last year, we heard that some even fasted and prayed 40 days for the conference. What a show of love for the Israeli youth!
We thank you for your prayers!
Rick and Patti Ridings
Succat Hallel (24/7 worship and prayer in Jerusalem)
July 31, 2011