ĚFor this reason also, since the day we heard this, we haven't stopped praying for you. We are asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God.Ě Colossians 1:9-10
A new school year is about to begin. Are you weary of hearing about our schools in crisis? LetĚs make a difference by bowing before our FatherĚs throne to intercede for our children, their parents, teachers, administrators and other school support personnel. Karen Seddon, the Florida State Director of Christian Educators Association International, sent an encouraging message, along with some practical steps on how we can prepare for the new school year with prayer:
Dear Christian Educators:
As the new school year approaches, let us prepare for it with prayer - personal, collegial and corporate. Please consider the following prayer formats:
- pray all over you classroom, office, and school building
- the first step you take out of your car as you enter the school grounds, pray for guidance, wisdom and direction for this school year
- sit in the desk of your new students before they ever enter your room and pray for them
- pray with one or more colleagues (Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered in My Name, there am I among them.) on your campus who agree in prayer with you for:
- your administrators
- your parents
- the students in your school
- your community
- announce and join the corporate prayerwalk for our schools on August 21, 2011 (the Sunday before the students return)
Praying is the Christian's heart cry to God for His ways upon our lives. Let us seek His guidance and wisdom for 2011-2012.
May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you this school year.
Karen C. Seddon
CEAI - Christian Educators Assoc. Int. - State Director for Florida
email@example.com - www.ceai.org - http://prayerwalking.pbworks.com
Points to Ponder and Pray:
- Ask God to raise up Godly educators who are dedicated to their field and can capture the hearts and minds of our nationĚs youth on each level of education (Colossians 1:9-10).
- Pray our educators will pray unceasingly for guidance and wisdom to become the examples to their students (I Peter 2:21). Ask God to give them wisdom and discernment as they seek to pray for their students.
- Pray that teachers will impart godly wisdom to form godly character in their students (Luke 6:40).
- Pray for the hearts of the students to be receptive to the gospel of peace and that God will call many to Himself (Acts 2:38-40)
- Pray for the standard of excellence to be restored in our educational institutes and that our educators will pass on that spirit of excellence, requiring excellence, rather than sloth and ignorance (Ecclesiastes 2:13-14).
- Pray for the advancement of many prayer movements on our campuses (Acts 1:14).
- Pray for youth pastors to make a presence in each school helping students reach their classmates for Christ (Ephesians 4:12).
- Pray for the needed tools and proper facilities to teach our children (Philippians 4:19).
- Pray for the evangelizing of entire campuses in your County, that many will follow Christ (Matthew 9: 37-38).
- Pray for GodĚs truth to shine in an environment that is often hostile and cynical toward matters of faith (Ephesians 6:18-20).
- Pray for strong leadership among Christian groups on campuses (Ephesians 4:1).
- Pray for the mission mobilization of our youth so that the whole world will hear to good news of the gospel (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Pray for the election of godly leaders on our school boards and in the administration of our schools (I Timothy 2:1).
- Pray that teachers learn to pray BEFORE they begin instructing each day (Titus 2:7).
- Pray that children will hear and respond to ChristĚs love and forgiveness early in life (Mark 10:14).
- Pray for family stability and that GodĚs principles for the family will be honored and promoted in our schools (Genesis 28:14).
- Pray for our sons and daughters to make wise choices and to develop solid friendships with those who are following God (Psalms 144;12-15).
- Pray for relief of those children who are homeless and need shelter, food and health care. Pray that Christ will restore their home for the future (Psalms 107:41).
- Ask God to cause your children to be examples for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (I Timothy 4:12).
- Pray for the support staff in the schools to treat the children with dignity and respect. Pray that their instructional plans and other interactions be based on GodĚs truth, not human wisdom (I Corinthians 1:19-20).
- Pray for those students that experience rejection and bullying from other students and teachers. Ask God to provide them with people that love and respect them unconditionally (John 13:34; Romans 15:7).
- Pray for those students that are struggling academically. Ask God to encourage them and strengthen their minds. Pray that God will give their teachers and parentĚs wisdom to know how to best help them learn. Pray they will not feel like failures, but will learn discipline (I Thessalonians 5:14).
- Pray for an open door for the gospel and that GodĚs truth will prevail in our educational system (I Corinthians 16:9). Pray that Christians will take every opportunity they are given to share the love of God in our public schools.
Thanks for praying. Your prayers make THE difference.
PrayerWalk 2011 - (a zip file containing an Announcement. large and small postcard invitation, and other information to help promote PrayerWalk 2011 in your church and school).