Proverbs 18:10-14, “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit. Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility. He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?”
1. Trust men who trust Jesus.
You can tell a wise man by how close he walks with God.
2. Obey the Lord.
Do what He says even if you can’t see how it will work out.
3. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you are secure in your riches.
There is no such thing as security in wealth. Our security comes because we serve the living God.
4. Remember you can have all, one day, and nothing the next.
A wise man said to me one day, “Be nice to everybody on the way up the ladder, because you will meet the same people on the way down.”
5. Remember God gave you what you have and He can take it all away.
6. Stay humble before God daily.
7. Don’t try to exalt yourself.
Leave that to God. When you leave it God, you will be busy enough.
8. Don’t jump to conclusions.
Listen to people, listen carefully, and listen to their conclusion.
9. Don’t jump into the middle of any statement.
Allow yourself to hear an entire explanation before you give your opinion. We can condemn people before we hear them out.
10. Don’t allow your prejudice or prior experiences to cause you to judge a person before you hear what they have to say.
11. Remember a good listener will be a good judge.
However, he that does not listen will always be faulty in his advice.