"Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth" (Ps. 60:4).
THE REVELATION OF CHRIST
Lesson Number 18
THE SIXTH TRUMPET
By Given O. Blakely
A Brief Summation
1. John was first confronted with the glorified and REIGNING Jesus (1:10-20).
2. Jesus provides HIS assessment of the churches (2:1-3:22).
3. The throne of heaven is seen, and One sitting in regal splendor and POWER upon it ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (4:1-11).
4. A scroll is beheld, denoting the execution of God's purpose under the CONTROL of the Lamb ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (5:1-14).
5. Under the first seal, the conquering Savior is shown, wearing a crown GIVEN to Him ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (6:1-2).
6. Under the second seal, power is GIVEN to take peace from the earth ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (6:3-4).
7. Under the third seal, a famine is depicted in which the oil and the wine CANNOT be hurt ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (6:5-6).
8. Under the fourth seal, death begins a ruthless reign in which power is GIVEN over a fourth part of the earth ---UNEQUIVOCAL control(6:7-8).
9. Under the fifth seal, souls under the alter are GIVEN white robes, and told to wait until the number their brethren who SHOULD BE killed as they were is fulfilled ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (6:9-11).
10. Under the sixth seal, nature COLLAPSES at the word of the King, as the day of the Lamb's wrath comes ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (9:12-17).
11. John is introduced to four angels GIVEN power to hurt the earth and the sea ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (7:1-2).
12. The four angels are told NOT to hurt the earth or the sea until the servants of God have been sealed ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (7:3).
13. The twelve tribes of Israel are SEALED by God, a thing thought impossible by many ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (7:4-8).
14. A vast number of redeemed that cannot be numbered is seen BEFORE THE THRONE and the Lamb ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (7:9-16).
15. The Lamb of God is seen in the CENTER of the throne, absolutely Sovereign ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (7:17).
16. The seventh seal is opened and unhindered silence prevails for HALF AN HOUR ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:1).
17. Seven angels are GIVEN seven trumpets ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:2).
18. Another angel with a golden censor is GIVEN much incense to offer with the prayers of the saints ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:3).
19. The first angel sounds his trumpet, and a THIRD PART of the trees are burned up, and all GREEN grass ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:7).
20. The second angel sounds his trumpet, and a THIRD PART of the sea becomes blood, a THIRD PART of the creatures in the sea die, and a THIRD PART of the ships are destroyed ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:8-9).
21. The third angel sounds his trumpet, and a THIRD PART of the rivers and fountains of water are defiled, causing MANY men to die ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:10-11).
22. The fourth angel sounds his trumpet, and a THIRD PART of the sun, moon, and stars are smitten ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (8:12).
23. An angel is heard proclaiming THREE more woes are to come, and cannot be averted ---UNEQUIVOCAL control(8:13).
24. The fifth angel sounds his trumpet, and a fallen star is GIVEN the key to the bottomless pit ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (9:1-11).
25. The solemn word is given that TWO more woes remain, and will surely come ---UNEQUIVOCAL control (9:12).
Let no person doubt the precision of the reign of Christ Jesus. When men are tempted to think they are forgotten, or that things are out of control, let them solemnly consider this book! The destiny of the churches is controlled by Jesus! The history of the world is controlled by Jesus! The persecution of believers is controlled by Jesus! The harm of men by all means (famines, pestilence, etc.) is controlled by Jesus! The whodemise of nature is controlled by Jesus! The judgment of the wicked is controlled by Jesus! The opening of the pit of hell is controlled by Jesus! It is imperative that this view be maintained throughout this book, else we will be distracted by its language, and embrace foolish and profitless views of the word of Jesus. The comforting power of Scripture is found within this perspective. I urge you to heartily embrace it.%%detect_both%%
"Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately" (Lk. 12:35-36).