To the beloved of Christ,
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people.
Full of grace…. This is the character of those that follow Jesus…. What does this mean? Full of Grace?
1) full, i.e. filled up (as opposed to empty) a) of hollow vessels b) of a surface, covered in every part c) of the soul, thoroughly permeated with
2) full, i.e. complete a) lacking nothing, perfect
1) grace a) that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favour a) of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
3) what is due to grace a) the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace b) the token or proof of grace, benefit
4) thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward
It is simple… We are to walk in the fullness of Joy of our salvation with power and it should be evident that we are followers of Him…but the fruit we bear not the words we speak. We should have the same life as the root which we are apart of….
The Lord showed me a whole other truth to Peter’s vision in Acts 10. Peter was trying (as man does and still does) making salvation and sinless life into works, behaviors and actions… by what foods we eat, by not doing this or that and God tried (as He tried) to get Peter to understand…”I took sin from man, gave them my glory, now they are my children they no longer are justified by actions but by birth…new birth….And they will follow me, my actions and as they go about mine and my Father business..others will come and see Me in them and desire to follow and become born again.”
Jesus God Holy Spirit tried to get us on track….To be free… to walk in the fullness of Grace…. Power … In the likeness of Jesus. as He was fully man.. yet Divine… as you and I are fully man yet filled with the divine!
In Love Pastor Frank